Nat Turner's Rebellion Questions and Answers
1 ) Who was meant to spill the first blood vessels?
2 . Where and when did the revolt get started?
Sunday, Aug 21, 1831 in Southampton, Virginia
several. What region led Virginia in organic cotton production in 1840? What might this imply about the slave population in this field in between 1830-1840? Southampton
4. How old was Nat Turner?
5. Explain Turner's unusual upbringing.
Educated to read by simply his white-colored parents
Put in much time praying
Was able to escape much physical labor
Free time to study schoolbooks
6. Just how was Nat Turner " divinely motivated? ”
He claimed to acquire divine thoughts and he previously a popularity as a preacher A nature appeared and he was informed to happen and prepare himself to slay his enemies
several. How a large number of murders do Nat Turner admit to committing?
8. When ever did Turner know that the alarm had been sounded in the revolt? If he discovered that the Porter family members had escaped
9. Illustrate the gossip that pass on about the revolt.
Thousands of angry slaves had banded together for taking over the point out Northern abolitionists had helped to stimulate the revolt
10. What did Turner expect to happen when he directed men ahead on horse back to eliminate whomever they met on the way? He thought it would scare the whites and they would run away and leave Jerusalem to his men
11. When did the rebellion end and about how many rebels were included? 60 hours after it started
12. What had Goodness promised Turner in his rebellion?
Only that he would carry out the great work of having terror and devastation anywhere he travelled
13. Who were killed and that which was the break up on males, women and kids? 55 white wines (11 guys, 14 women, 30 children)
Twice as various blacks
14. For how much time was Nat Turner totally free after the rebellion?
Almost two months
15. Which usually abolitionist authors were blamed for exciting the desire to get rebellion? David Walker and William Lloyd...